We offer programming, services, and workshops.
We continue to help you online. Visit the Virtual Library calendar for programming and workshops all for free from the comfort of your home. Want a library card for access to free eMedia? Sign-up online and get access right away!
Borrow a Chromebook & Wi-Fi Program
In need of a Chromebook, WiFi hotspot or both? At Delaware Libraries you can borrow technology for FREE! Each device comes with a case and chargers that can be borrowed for one week. Plus, there are no late fees – check one out today!
- Download the Delaware Libraries Mobile app!
- Login to your Account with your DE Library Card Number, then enter “Chromebook” or “WiFi Hotspot” in the search bar.
- Visit your public library in person to check out a device.
If you do not have a Library Card : Sign up today!
Teleservices at Delaware Libraries
Need a private, soundproof space to have a job interview, to talk to a therapist, and more? Delaware Libraries offers wheel-chair accessible spaces that fit 2-3 people, include high-speed internet, iPads, and hand sanitizer stations. With the tablets, you can Zoom, Skype, and use other video-conferencing software for telehealth, legal support, and employment assistance. RESERVE a time at a “social service kiosk” at one of three Delaware Libraries, Milford Public Library, Laurel Public Library or Seaford District Library.
Reserve a Kiosk
- Book an appointment to use a kiosk
- Call your public library, ask for a “kiosk navigator” and book your appointment.
- Visit your local library, ask for a “kiosk navigator”, and book your appointment.
- Laurel: 101 E 4th St, Laurel, DE 19956
- Milford: 11 S E Front St, Milford, DE 19963
- Seaford: 600 N. Market Street Extended, Seaford, DE 19973
Through our extensive Partner Network, we are able to offer assistance for entrepreneurs in libraries throughout the state. Find resources in the Business & Entrepreneurship LibGuide. UseData Axle Reference Services (Formerly Reference USA), a database of businesses to identify potential customers and your competition.
Schedule a FREE appointment with a Business Advisor in English or En español.
Bienvenidos emprendedores y dueños de pequeños negocios- Haga click aquí.
Job & Career:
Looking for a job? Need a career change? Hoping to land a better job? Re-entering the work force? Our FREE program offers workshops & resources designed to help you be successful. Are you a veteran? If so check out our Veteran’s LibGuide for more information.
Schedule a FREE 30 minute phone consultation! An Employment/Career Advisor will call you at the appointed time to discuss any questions you have regarding career and related needs.
- Learn how to use a computer (*due to Covid-19, no in-person assistance)
- Find job leads online
- Fill out a job application
- Write a resume including an online resume
- Practice interviews
- Learn about useful job hunting strategies and tools
- Work on your GED, take practice tests
- Take occupational & academic classes
Social Workers at the Library
Schedule a 30 Minute Free Appointment with Social workers from DHSS Community Partner Support Unit. They will help with:
- ASSIST application process
- Applying for food benefits
- Long-term nursing care
- Home energy assistance
- Learning about other DHSS agencies
- Referrals to partner organizations
- Employment & training
We promote learning that never ends, that is flexible, diverse and reaches out to touch dreams and meet lifelong goals. Newfound knowledge will spark creativity, confidence and enjoyment for the people who walk through our doors.
Know what we know! Visit the Delaware Library Guides where we provide information and resources on all subject matters! Have questions? Just Ask a Librarian!